Thursday, December 13, 2007

Reply to "Equal access to some in Austin not all"

I cannot agree more about the way our handicapped are treated. Being a disabled Vet myself I realize how hard it is to get around. Fortunately my mobility is only partially dampened and I have no need of a wheelchair or other apparatus as of yet, but I have many friends who are in them from fighting for their country. The elderly need help as well as those who have been put in that state for our freedom. If the needs of all cannot be met then fines should be incurred until they can. We all have a right to a certain quality of life, and that aspect should never be removed from those who can’t live the same way as others.

No comments:

Supreme Court rules state can't regulate Bible schools

I thought when i first read this story that it may be a type of poetic justice that it would be my first blog entry. The taboo of religion and belief directs many political influences that decide our future. So why not start by showing an old fight brought to present day. After a utterly useless 10 year fight our superiors have finally dubbed it illegal for the state to set standards for religion in schools and universities. All I can say is "FREAKIN WOW" took them this long to realize that our state which is a part of a free country, declared freedom of religion a long time ago. Now being of a free choice mind I wasn't aware that there were actually bible institutes, but hey a texan has a right to study what they wish. There are just those that are mad that the old days are dead, and slowly they've become outnumbered in the ways they think. This is just an attempt to keep a bit of control over what they are losing. No more laws about a freedom we were promised from the start.....YEAH!!!! SO LET MY PEOPLE GO....religiously that is.